Sunday, July 12, 2009

A new step in my life

On the 28th of June, marked a new step in my life. I'm about to be a college student. Although it sounds very wonderful to most of the students as they think that college life is full of freedom, no more bound by discipline or scoldings by teachers, a college student need to be very self-disciplined in the sense of academic as well as their responsibility.

My new college or also known to all JPA scholars as our Preparatory Centre before we fly to various destination to continue our studies is called INTEC (International Education Centre). It is one of a campus under the wing of UiTM. I would say that INTEC is a very condusive place for students to study there especially thier new RM 11million-worth library. O.O

Alright, let's get back to the first day I registered myself as a student in INTEC. All our activities on the first day were located in our hostel only which is Kolej Cendana in Seksyen 6, Shah Alam. There were a mixture of fear, worries and anxiety when I was in the Kolej waiting patiently for the registration to start and for my friends to arrive. As soon as the registration started, my friends and I went to the appropriate counter to register for our apartment unit, get the INTEC's T-shirt and many more. We get to choose our own roommates as long as all are from the same programme. I am in the A-Level Medicine (ALM) Programme. This year marks the 10th batch of ALM so we are all categorised under ALM10.

The next day, it's the official opening of the MMS (Minggu Mesra Siswa). We were all divided into groups during the 'group-binding' session. I was grouped under ALM16 and that's God's mighty power that bring me and others together and be friends for the rest of our life. Throughout the whole MMS, we played games, attended psychology talks and listened to speech by JPA officers as well as the director of INTEC. The Fa-C (facilitator) were very helpful and friendly in terms of clarifying our doubts and made us feel like at home. They were also very entertaining such as they thought of the funny 'tepukan senyum malu'. xD The most important was the Malam MMS. It can be assumed as the end of the MMS. There were sketches, dance and cheers by various programme and all of them really rocks.

I am now studying in the class called 10M9. There are about 60 students that will be going to Manipal University studying in INTEC. My classmates could mix up well with everyone and it makes me easier to befriend with them. The lecturers are very friendly as well. The condusive study envionment, friendly lecturers and helpful classmates really boost my mood to study in INTEC.

Last Thursday, Manipal Univeristy even came to give us a talk about our study route and some introduction to the university. From there only I knew that our first angkasawan, Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor is an alumni from Manipal University as well!

Overall, it's nice to be in INTEC as I could learn to be independent and become more responsible and mature in my thinking as well as in whatever I do. I won't be updating this blog very often until my mid-sem break which is on the 22nd to 31st of Aug. See ya all then!

P/S: I miss Penang's food so much!!!

No comments: