Thursday, November 26, 2009

Complex Feeling

I have not been updating my blog for ages. Not that I'm lazy but I'm affraid that if I write my blog in my hostel, it would make me feel even homesick. Honestly, I still have some feeling of homesick while I'm staying in Shah Alam. Seems like I am the only one who does not adapt well to my new environment yet.

Never know why I started to have this kind of homesickness after the Raya break. Maybe after that break, that was not any more break for us. Six weeks for me to endure unlike as usual, we are so lucky to have 'H1N1 break' out of a sudden, Mid-sem break which is only a few weeks ahead of the 'H1N1 break', August break and the Raya break. This semester, I would say has the most holidays. So, I got used to it and when suddenly there's a long way before holiday, I started to feel that I have lost something - connection with family.

Everyday, there must be a moment when I thought of my family, everyday. I wonder what are my family members doing right now? Where are they? Are they happy? Is every thing OK at home? All sorts of feelings shower on me.

However, this can be a very good training for me to be independent, to rely on myself and to take care of myself. I'm a quiet kind of person so I don't usually express my feelings out. In other words, I keep it to myself. Now, I realize how important family is and I cherish my family very much.

I'm glad now I'm back in Penang. I could not decribe my feeling on the day of my return by flight. It's beyond the description of words. I boarded Firefly's FY 2086 flight from Subang to Penang. The exitement and exhilaration took over my body. I can feel home closer to me at that moment.

This Saturday I'm going for a vacation with my family. The destination will be revealed on my next post and if possible with photos from my vacation. :)

To conclude,
appreciate everything we have right now (family, friends, pets, environment, etc.)

1 comment:

Xavier said...

Where we love our home,it is our feet may leave, but not our hearts. It is alright i guess to be homesick, i do have such feelings at times and the urge to talk with my siblings and parents. But yeah you're right, it will be a good training for all of us to be independent. Good luck with yours =)